Sonata pillars of sustainability and market compliance status in Cote D’Ivoire
Sonata group’s success comes from its way of doing business, it is not short-term profits but a sustainable way of growing business, making sure it is resilient enough to sustain its growth and profits. Sonata businesses sustainability incorporates in six pillars, composed of:
• Globally competitive - Economically competitive position, processing & farms.
• Full traceability - Complete traceability from farm to fork, single origin nuts.
• Inclusive growth -Thriving communities, prosperous farmers, employment, education & skills.
• Food safety - processed under well compliant food safety international standards.
• Code of conduct - Safe working conditions, ethical practices, production processes are socially responsible and environmentally friendly.
• Certifications - Sonata already got HACCP, BRC, Kosher, Halal, Smeta & Organic certification, in both the origins where it operates.
To organize supply chain of RCN, and address the existing challenges, Sonata International initiated farmer linkage program in 2020 to establish direct linkages with smallholder farmers with the help of USDA- Pro cashew partner in Cote D’Ivoire. Sonata International has worked in three main regions Marahoue, Bere and Hambol and border areas of region having boundaries of these regions, like Gbeke, Tchologo respectively.